Facts about Vaping - CASAA
Millions of long-term smokers have developed diseases that have caused them to die early.
It is well understood that these diseases are caused almost exclusively by inhaling smoke.
Vapor products, commonly referred to as electronic cigarettes, or e-cigarettes, do not burn tobacco or any other material,and so do not produce the smoke that causes smoking related diseases.
- How an e-cigarette works.
- Vapor products are an alternative, low-risk product.
- Many use vapor products exclusively and others smoke far fewer cigarettes.
- Vapor products can be effective in helping people stop smoking completely.
- Best estimates suggest that e-cigarettes are at least 95% less harmful than regular cigarettes.
- Vaping is a clean source of nicotine absent most of the toxic chemicals found in smoke.
- No known harms to bystanders from inhaling secondhand vapor.
- There is zero evidence that nicotine causes cancer.
- Isn't nicotine addictive?
- Vapor products are a less-risky alternative to the death and disease caused by combusted cigarettes.